The attorneys at Cousineau, Van Bergen, McNee & Malone, P.A. defend a wide range of professionals against claims of professional malpractice, errors and omissions, and fraud, including physicians, dentists, registered nurses, long term care facilities, mental health practitioners, real estate agents and brokers, architects, engineers, surveyors, lawyers, accountants, directors and officers, insurance agents and brokers, judicial mediators and funeral directors, among others.
Our professional malpractice attorneys understand how personal and sensitive these matters can be for our clients, and that the outcome may have a direct impact on the client’s reputation, career, family, and livelihood. Accordingly, in addition to providing zealous advocacy, we understand the importance of listening to our clients’ goals, weighing the possible outcomes, and developing a strategy that is tailored to the client’s individual needs and implemented as discreetly as possible.
We represent clients through all phases of litigation and appeals, as well as administrative matters involving professional licensing boards and other regulatory agencies. We also provide strategic legal guidance to professionals for purposes of risk avoidance and liability prevention.
In addition to defending cases involving professional liability claims, we evaluate and defend actions for insurance coverage under Errors and Omissions, Directors and Officers, Employee Benefits Liability and other claims-made policies.
Our professional liability/medical malpractice practice includes, but is not limited to, representing the following professionals in civil actions and licensing board matters:
- Mental health professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, professional clinical counselors
- Physicians, nurses, medical technicians, emergency medical service providers
- Dentists, dental assistants
- Care facilities, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, transitional care, home healthcare providers, group homes
- Rehabilitation and detention facilities
- Day care providers and centers
- Real estate agents and brokers, real estate appraisers, home inspectors
- Attorney/legal malpractice