- Successfully tried product liability case for major water heater manufacturer involving allegations of defective design and manufacture that resulted in a fire.
- Defended major engineering firm in multi-million dollar case involving cost overruns and performance issues for a waste to energy power plant.
- Successfully defended a major manufacturer of truck wheels in product liability action for bodily injury involving allegations of defective design and failure to warn.
- Successfully defended at trial in federal court and on appeal manufacturer of anti-lock brake system against allegations of defective design and manufacture.
- Defended major carrier in case of first impression involving first-party coverage for asbestos removal from commercial apartment buildings.
- Selected by major carrier for its representation in environmental cases.
- Jim has defended and tried construction cases involving water intrusion and mold in homes and commercial buildings.
- Jim has successfully defended through appeal to the Minnesota Supreme Court summary judgment in favor of a health care professional in a case involving traumatic birth injury.
- Successfully defended an engineer at trial for damages alleged to have occurred to a home arising out of settlement of soils.
- Successfully arbitrated the defense of an architect in a case involving explosion and fire at a processing facility.
- In a case involving insurance coverage, successfully arbitrated the issue of “closeness to the risk” regarding multiple insurance policies.
- Jim has handled and continues to handle cases involving wrongful death and bodily injury in long term care, group homes and other settings with vulnerable adults.